October 8, 2009

Need Me Again

You knew me as a child. You and I created a special bond that you had always treasured. Back then, you would cry my name out for each wound you get running around. And your mother had always told you it would make you feel better. Every night, you came to me and said your little prayers. I’d always laughed about your prayers. They were full of questions about the simplest things in the world. You were such a wonderer. Then you kept on growing and expanding your thoughts. Your innocence slowly fading away. Prayers come in once in a while, but not as often as they were. Becoming older meant a lot to you. You felt strong enough to take care of your self. I do not hear my name anymore. For each question you had, you find answers from books you carried around. You have kind of forgotten me, but it was fine. I knew you were busy struggling. Time offered you more chances to learn. You went to this place you thought would teach you about the miracles I made. You learned to explain nature, history, and even knew how to question my existence. Something that I warned myself about long ago. You discovered the mystery of love, in many different aspects. You hated it when people leaves you and you had no choice but accept. Deep inside I know you chose to forget me and maybe blamed me for your tears. But you never said that you needed me. In fact I thought, you wanted me out. Then you sensed that love is coming your way again. And this time you think you have never been this happy.


Your smile shines even more than the sun I bring out every morning. At the sound of the running waters, you make a laughter that fills the air. I hear your heart beat as fast as the lightning that comes before the rain. The rainbow is never enough to color your eyes or to paint your soul in its purest joy. You do not have questions anymore. Life is as transparent as it is. The past and the future seem very clear. But when will you need me again? That I do not know. Once and for all, I just want to tell you, that I need you to need me. Your life is never meaningful without questioning. And my purpose is never satisfied without responding. We are in this journey together. Truly, the one thing you will see from start to end is my undying faith for you. Because I know that whatever life brings you, you will return to that special bond we had. And there you are safe. There, nothing else matters.

2 comments:

  1. helo, finally i found your blog. will add u up in mine...

    ReplyDelete